Outstanding Art Nouveau Enamel and Amethyst Necklace
Outstanding Art Nouveau enamel pendant necklace having a purple amethyst set in a sterling silver round organic mounting, circa 1900s. Deep purple to blue enamel diamond shape surrounds the amethyst. The pendant sways from a fine silver chain having oval double sided enamel stations with a bar and ring toggle style clasp. Hallmarked for Paye and Baker of Attleboro, Mass. Elegant and refined!
- Materials: Sterling Silver, enamel
- Gemstone: Amethyst - 4.5mm
- Measurements: 17 inches for the chain with the pendant and bale adding an additional 2 inches
- Weight: 20.2grams
- Hallmarks: Sterling - P&B within two hearts
- Date: Circa 1910s Arts & Crafts era
- Condition: Very good with no chips or nicks to the amethyst and the silver having a lovely patina which accents the design. The enamel is all present having a variation in color from a blue to a purple. Extremely well executed and a most unique antique necklace!