Fine Carved Amethyst Bird and Diamond 18K Gold Ring
An exquisite 7 carat natural amethyst is handily carved with a bird inset with sparkling diamonds in this antique Victorian ring rendered in 18K yellow gold. The bird in flight is outlined in fine gold with the amethyst set in a high gallery. Thick wide shoulders with a ribbed pattern give way to a simple back band. Most rings of this type displayed a Rose of Sharon flower and very rare to find one with a bird. Hallmarked 18K, the ring is a most unique piece of antique jewelry, circa 1870s.
- Materials: 18 karat yellow gold
- Gemstone: Amethyst - Roughly 7 carats- 16mm by 12mm; 10 natural rose cut diamonds
- Ring size: 7 3/4 US, P 1/2 UK - The ring can be sized a whole size and more
- Weight: 7.6 grams
- Measurements: The face measures a touch over 3/4 inches tall and 1/2 inch wide with a rise off the finger of 7mm
- Condition: Excellent with no chips or nicks to any of the stones and the gold in perfect condition. An extremely well kept piece of history