Charming Antique Edwardian Silver and Paste Necklace
$ 199.00 $ 235.00
Charming and feminine Edwardian necklace, circa 1900, highlights pink faceted oval paste stones with sparkling diamond paste stone accents. The sterling silver filigree pendant is embedded with paste stones and has an oval pink stone dangling below followed by another past stone. The pendant connects to a fine ribbed rollo style chain with a pink paste stone on each side. Absolutely sweet & lovely.
Paste was an art form in which stones that were much harder than glass, were hand cut, polished and set in the same manner as precious gemstones. In the middle of the 19th century, paste stones were used to simulate diamonds making jewelry more affordable to the laboring class.
- Materials: Sterling silver
- Gemstones: Foil back paste glass, pink paste glass
- Measurements: The pendant dangles 2 inches with the chain measuring 15 inches. An extender chain can be added should you want...just let us know
- Hallmarks: Sterling on the spring ring clasp
- Date: Circa 1900
- Condition: In very good condition with the paste all present and brilliant showing no chips or nicks