Beautiful Diamond, Garnet and Etruscan Gold Brooch
Rendered in a glistening 9K yellow gold, this beautiful antique Victorian locket brooch pin, circa 1905, has a red garnet in the center accented with old mine diamonds. The brooch locket has a lovely Etruscan granulation with the center raised oval navette surrounded by a fine twisted braid. The hinge and elongated pin back has a compartment complete with ring and cover for storing something of sentiment. Bearing full English hallmarks, this is an exquisite and classic piece of antique Victorian memento jewelry soon to be a favorite keepsake of the new owner!
- Materials: 9 karat yellow Gold
- Gemstone: Natural garnet - 3mm; two mine cut diamonds - 1mm each
- Measurements: A touch over 1 5/8 inches wide, 3/4 inches tall and has a thickness of 8mm
- Hallmarks: Anchor for Birmingham, England, 9 375, and date letter f for 1905
- Date: Circa 1905
- Weight: 3.1 grams
- Condition: Very good condition as if stored throughout the decades. The gold has a beautiful rich patina, the garnet is brilliant as well as all the diamonds. The glass on the back is also intact with the c-clasp functioning as it should. A beautiful antique!