Antique Victorian Crescent Moon Diamond Paste Brooch
Engraved with lovely pattern having diamond paste stones through the middle, this delectable antique Victorian to Edwardian crescent moon brooch is crafted in sterling silver. The closed back paste stones rest in the curve of the moon with the pin having a scalloped edge. The pin is closed with a tubular hinge and c-clasp with the piece bearing full English hallmarks. The moon throughout time symbolizes new relationship and when given to an admirer means you are hopeful your relationship will "wax" into matrimony. This enduring antique treasure is full of sentimental meaning, Circa 1900.
- Materials: Sterling Silver
- Gemstones: Diamond paste crystal
- Measurements: 1 3/4 inches long and 1/2 inches wide
- Weight: 2 grams
- Hallmarks: English hallmarks with the brooch hailing from Chester, England with a letter date of 1900 and the lion rampant for silver
- Condition: Very good with no noted flaws. The diamond paste is brilliant with no discoloration