Victorian Silver Scottish Banded Agate Pendant Necklace
Lovely antique Victorian Scottish banded agate necklace was produced in the 1870s and rendered in sterling silver. The central pendant banded agate has white stripe though the center with a scalloped band wrapped border in sterling silver. Swaying below are three tear drop pendulum banded agate drops with rich colors of black, ever so slight brown and white bands. Banded agate necklaces were so popular in Victorian England, that by around 1900, the mines that produced these stones were exhausted. Exquisite Victorian necklace as in style today as it was well over 100 years ago.
- Materials: Sterling Silver
- Gemstone: Scottish Banded Agate
- Measurements: Pendant and drops measure 2 1/3 inches and suspended from an 18 inch fine cable chain
- Hallmarks: Pendant tested with the chain hallmarked for sterling silver
- Date: Circa 1870s-80s
- Condition: In excellent condition with no chips or nicks to the gemstone agates and the silver having a lovely warm patina.